Monday, March 11, 2013

Burned: Prolouge

This is a story I'm writing... I might decide on a new title some time, though. So, here it is!

Burned: Prolouge

I breathed heavily and looked around. I grabbed my backpack, stuffed it with food,clothing and some other useful things, including a Swiss army knife. I threw the door to my house open and ran. I threw the keys into the road and swerved around honking cars until I found what I was looking for. The forest. I sat down by a tree with a sigh. The sheriff swore next time he saw me he’d lock me up, so I was forced to run. Otherwise, I might never see the light again. Suddenly I look up and all I see is the devilish face of the sheriff. “Oh, brother.” I say and take off running, but then I grew dizzy and fell down. That’s when everything went black.
……………………………………………
I woke up in a plain room, with a small cot, a sink and toilet, and it smelled of body stench and sweat. I dizzily got up and leaned onto the metal bars. I recognized this place immediately. It was the jail for the juvenile thief's, murderers and anyone else who falls under the bad category. Suddenly I slipped, and fell down. A man came running, and then I felt myself being tugged up and pushed onto a truck. I wondered how I got out so fast, but I was dizzy and really only cared why I was here. I couldn’t remember much. Next thing I knew, we were on the road and I overheard two words a man was speaking… ‘Insane Asylum’.

No comments:

Post a Comment