Saturday, July 13, 2013

Susania, Friend or Foe?

Forever... Somtimes
*Names have been changed to keep privacy*

 Men of sense often learn from their enemies.
It is from their foes, not their friends,
that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war.
- Aristophanes


I was young when I met *Susania, and we became friends fairly fast. Nearly best friends, actually. Not quite, but close. We saw each other nearly every Wednesday at our Awana club, and got together all the time.

It was a few years back when I noticed Susania was changing. She was getting bossy and a bit rude. I dealt with it, as did my mom and siblings, figuring it was just a phase or single child syndrome. Well, it continually got worse... and worse.

I told her she needed to stop being so rude. We were drifting apart, slowly, but for sure. She did for a while but then got right back into it. Eventually I stopped calling her. I only talked to her when I had too. I discussed it with some other friends who also knew Susania, and they all agreed she was rude and bossy, even if not saying it outright.

So I didn't talk too her at all, really.
---

A while back I received a call out of the blue. I called back and it turns out it was Susania. She asked me to come to her baptism- I wasn't able to, but wanted too. Even if she was sort of annoying... I still hoped and prayed for her.

I just saw Susania a while back and she has gotten much better. I'm not sure why, or how, but I am sincerely thankful.

~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment