Saturday, August 24, 2013

Scoliosis- My Story, Struggles and Dreams pt 1

*

Hi, Hannah here.

I'm going to tell you about something I very rarely post about...
My Scoliosis. 

Scoliosis is sort of like... an ice cream cone. Your parents (genes) give it to you, and you don't always realize you're holding (having) it. Then when you find out, you're sort of sad, because it's melted (gotten really bad).

Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine, and I have it, very badly. Let's start at the beginning.

I was around seven or eight years old, with severe stomach and chest pain. I didn't want to do anything at all. My mom got sick of me, and I knew something was wrong, so she took me to the doctors. At first they told me it was a UTI.
It wasn't.

It was Scoliosis. We went to the Doctor's again. Same thing happened. Mom demanded an X Ray.

Rule One: Doctors lie.

So we started going to this one Doctor named Dr. Albert. He was unpersonable, rude and just all together a bad doctor for my scoliosis troubles.

I got my first brace from a nice man named Tom who worked at our local bracing shop. It was a green brace that I needed to wear for eight hours while I was sleeping. 

When I went to the Doctor's again- this time to another (much nicer) man, who is still my doctor- and the night brace wasn't working. So, we switched to a day brace.

I still wear it. I went to the Doctor's again the other day. I'll tell you about it in another post. So, until then.....

~Hannah Song
*graphic made by xdeathawaits16x on glitter graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment