Friday, August 29, 2014

Doctor Who Series 8, Episode 1; Deep Breath ((review))

It's times like these I miss Amy...
 

Hi guys!!!

Okay, so, our friends who live across the street bought Doctor Who on Amazon Instant Video, and they invited us over to watch the newest episode, Deep Breath.

OH my gosh.
OH MY gosh.
OH MY GOSH. 

This show is so amazing. Now, without further ado, to the review... (no, that was not supposed to rhyme xD)

Okay, so, the beginning starts out with the Paternoster Gang in a crowd watching a dinosaur who had been sent to Victorian London. Vastra sends the lead of the police force to put 'lanterns' around the dinosaur in order to keep it in that general space. Everyone is trying to figure out what is going on, when the dinosaur spits up a blue box, which I'm sure you can guess what it is.

Well, the newest in the line of Doctors- Mr. Capaldi- steps out of the TARDIS and starts rambling about names and accents. The Paternoster gang and Clara take him to their home, and have him go to bed. Well, I won't say much more, for fear of spoilers, but it was amazing. Peter is amazing. He does a great job as the Doctor, and trust me, I can be critical when it comes to actors in roles I love.


Ahem, anyways, Clara was great, as always. And so was Strax, he was totally hilarious. And minus all the kissy scenes and mentions of their marriage (ugh. just no.), Vastra and Jenny were pretty good. In another note, their were practically 51 (see what I did there? DW's been around for almost 51 years? Um... nevermind) mentions to previous episodes in both New and Classic Who! :) :D

It was great c: hehe

The episode was sad and hilarious at the same time. And with an unexpected cameo from Matt Smith, I about started bawling. I can't help it. I miss the guy. He was amazing, and an awesome Doctor. But, in the words of the Doctor, everything's gotta end sometime.

So, on that note, I will conclude this post. It is sad, and funny, and just overall wonderful. I'd rate it 8/10 :)
~Hannah Song
PS. I might start signing these with Ruth Song...
P.P.S. I don't own the picture OR the gifs. c: Nor do I own Doctor Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment