Friday, October 3, 2014

Society (a song)

(chorus)
Society made me do it.
Society made me pay.
Dancing along these fine lines;
Don't do wrong, and don't do right.
And no matter what you do,
Don't put up a fight.

Signs and arrows,
Flashing lights, tickets, fines
Prices we pay to ourselves
and the demons inside us
Society turned us inside out
And now we're caught
In this net of internal pain.

So now, here's the thing...

(chorus)
Society made me do it.
Society made me pay.
Dancing along these fine lines;
Don't do wrong, and don't do right.
And no matter what you do,
Don't put up a fight. 

Having trouble telling,
The wrong from the right
Having trouble watching,
And waiting for the light

So, so listen to me,
here's the thing...
 
(chorus)
Society made me do it.
Society made me pay.
Dancing along these fine lines;
Don't do wrong, and don't do right.
And no matter what you do,
Don't put up a fight. 

So, yeah, I kind of wrote this on a whim. If anybody wants to come with a melody for it and record the singing and music, feel free to, BUT CREDIT ME FOR THE LYRICS. Yeah. thanks :) xD
Love you guys!
~Ruth Song

2 comments: