Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Why Dance Is My Passion

My entire life, I've never really felt things the way people describe them. Happiness. Sadness. Excitement. Anger. Hurt.

Everything's simply felt... the same. But then a couple years ago when I got back into dance, all of that changed. My soul felt free. For the first time in forever (no Frozen puns, please!) I felt totally, fully, truly happy.

When I dance, when I move, I am being my true self. I am happy and I am free. And when I dance I can share God with my friends, my family, and strangers. I can share God with myself and I can praise him. I can teach others and I can learn.

Dance, I feel, is what I am truly meant to do. Dance makes me happy. Dance makes me feel peaceful.

Dance is my life.

I've dealt with heartache and hurt and pain and everything but the one thing that has never, ever, ever let me down was dance. It's always there for me even if there's no music playing. It's always there to lift me up and make me free again.

I've started choreographing my own dances. In a couple years, I'm going to look into teaching dance classes. I'm in a dance company and I'm sharing the love of God through dance. What could be better? I'm so happy now that I do dance.

I'm really, truly, happy, and dance has caused that, because it will never leave me. No matter who you are, you can dance! Even if it's only in your mind, or just your arms, or just your legs, dance like nobody's watching!

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you love to dance so much. I, for one, hate dancing. I feel weird when I do it, plus, I'm super bad at it. xD But you're really good at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweetie. I love to see you dance and I think the project you have planned will be great. God has given you a gift and it makes my heart glad to see you using it for His glory. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete