Thursday, June 4, 2015

change a life, not the world.

Pep talk time, Stars.

Have you smiled today? If you haven't, smile now. Hold it for a few seconds. Even if you don't feel like smiling, it'll help you feel happier. I know, because I do that. Smile. Smile. Smile.

In our world, we have so much to be annoyed for and angry over and just generally not happy about. But there ARE good people in this world, despite how it may seem some days. You just have to look for them.

Because on the news, they're going to talk about the shootings, and the angry mobs, and the people who holler for stuff that's not good. You have to dig deeper. No matter who you are, you have to keep on digging. And smile while doing it! It helps, trust me.

Things may seem bleak right now. Trust me, I know, the world can get you down. But there's good too. And the way I look at it- you can't change all the bad stuff in the world. But you can help change it. You can't change the world in a day, or even by yourself. Things just don't work like that.

But, you CAN change a life.

I don't care if you're a girl or a guy. I don't care if you're black or white or Asian or mixed or whatever. I don't care if you're curvy or overweight or skinny or average. I don't care what you look like, or who you are. I just care that you care about others.

You can't blame a whole section of people for something that a relative did, or a friend, or an ancestor, or even just somebody from their school did. Not all people are bad. Take a deep breath, and now, think of 5 wonderful people in your life.

I can think of 5 X 1000.

People might seem rude. Or mean. Or hateful. Or angry. Or grumpy or tired or all of these things. But sometimes they're just having a bad day. There are always going to be bad people but there's so much good too.

There's the helpers who would drop everything to help a friend in need. There's the volunteers who volunteer time and money to help a good cause. There's the listeners, and the advice-givers, and just the generally nice people who will lend you a hand if you need it.

So smile, and try to surround yourself with those people. And most of all?
I love you.

GOD LOVES YOU.

So take a deep breath, smile, and think of 5 wonderful people in your life.
Can't think of any?
Go outside. Go to the park. Or the mall. Or anywhere that will make you happy and who knows... you might just find one of those people.

Or give somebody a smile and you'll be one those people because you are trying to help them have a good day.

-Hannah Song
I love you Stars!

4 comments:

  1. Hannah, you are seriously amazing. You have no idea how much I needed to hear this, cuz lately, I've just been so ticked at humanity and especially the state of our world. You're incredibly strong, wise and have got just a beautiful personality, better than most girls your age. :) Love you, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. You're wonderful, SD, don't forget it <3 Love you too <3

      Delete
    2. Yes, she is but then I'm VERY biased :) Love you sweetie!

      Delete
  2. Oh five people?
    1) My favorite oldest daughter
    2) My favorite middle daughter
    3) My favorite son
    4) Our church family (I think that exceeds 5 because there are so many awesome people there)
    5) My friends - M,M,S,P :D

    ReplyDelete