Saturday, December 26, 2015

don't laugh at me.

Hey Stars xx I have a rant/open letter today... yeah. I'm writing a book and this might be part of it, I'm not sure yet, but here it is.

Don't laugh at me. Yes, you heard me correctly. Don't giggle, don't shake your head, don't tell me I'm too young. Don't belittle me. Don't act like you're better than me because you're older.

I really don't like people like you.

I have probably gone through more in my 13 year old life than you have in your 20- something, 30- something, 40- something, etc, life. Life isn't easy, and I understand that. Why do you think I try so hard? It's not polite to laugh at people. Isn't that what adults like you are always saying?

Because you're not following your own rules.

Kids and teens like me are the future of this city, of this state, this country, this entire world. One day, we will be in the government. We will be running the armies and owning the stores and we will be on your TV, giving you entertainment.

One day, we will be something. Have you done something? Do people know your name?

Don't laugh at me. I may be young, but I'm not an idiot. Don't be problematic. Nobody likes a jerk or a hypocrite- ever.

Don't act better than me because you're not better than me, you hear? You have issues. You are human. You will fall. I will fall. Nobody is perfect.

I am the future. WE are the future. You are the present, soon the past. Don't make the past horrible.

Okay, rant/letter over. Love you all xx
Hannah Song

No comments:

Post a Comment