Monday, March 7, 2016

I love myself.

Hey Stars xx

 I know that is a weird title for a blog post... so let me explain.

 I love myself to pieces. I screw things up. I make mistakes just like every other human on the planet. I say mean things and I can be cold at times. As for my outward appearance, I have acne and scars and I'm overweight. My nose is big and my eyebrows are overgrown. And I love every bit of it. I am a beautiful, amazing girl who has her whole life ahead of her.

 You're probably thinking something along the lines of, "Woah, Hannah got really self-absorbed," and I'm here to tell you that's not true. Society will say that. If you love yourself, you're going to be called a lot of things... and generally, they're probably not going to be good.

 It's taken me a long time to get to this point. People- especially women- are constantly being thrown pictures of 'perfect' people. Honestly, society never made me feel bad about what I look like... but when I'd start feeling down about my looks, it would make it harder to get out of that slump. Everywhere, you see airbrushed- yet seemingly normal- pictures of half-nude men and women with no belly fat, no scars, no freckles... a blank slate with great hair.

 That's not real life, ya'll. I am nothing like that. Things are starting to change, but we've got a long way to go, people. No matter what your eye color or skin color are, no matter how many scars you have, no matter if you're skinny or big- you're beautiful, I swear, and I love you.

 There is no wrong body shape or size, you are amazing the way you are. If you love yourself, nobody else's opinion matters.

 Find what makes you happy. Find WHO makes you happy. If you're surrounded by negative people and you don't have an escape from daily life (for me, my escape is dance and art), things will start looking down. Negative people will be negative towards you. Whether it's emotionally or physically or about what you do or about your looks, get rid of them.

 So here's the thing: I'm not all about me. I care about others. I love my friends, pets, and my family. I love God. And I also really, really, really love me, myself, and I.

Stay fabulous, stars xx
Hannah Song

3 comments: